The RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations is designed for those working as skilled operators in the civil construction industry. They will apply a broad range of skills in a varied work and worker context, using some discretion and judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. The individual may provide theoretical advice and support a team.
The RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations is a nationally recognised, competency-based qualification. The Certificate III course consists of nineteen (19) units of competency based on the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package (RII). The RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations is designed for skilled operators working in civil construction plants in roles such as machine operator, fitter, labourer, steel fixer and dogman.
This qualification combines best practice theory with practical examples of workplace application.
Covers the following plant:
- Gantry Cranes
Our team of experienced trainers and assessors have extensive on the job experience across a broad range of industries. They offer real world examples to demonstrate how the practical application of theory can deliver outstanding outcomes.
We have no hidden fees and offer full support for our students in all of our courses. We seek to achieve the best possible experience for students and employers in our training.
We offer the RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations qualification through instructor led presentation in the classroom or via our long distance learning programme.
Our trainers will require access to a civil construction workplace for students to complete this course.
There are no prerequisites for this programme, however civil construction work experience is desirable.
After completing this programme, course participants will be able to meet the needs of civil construction workers. This course will make you valuable addition to any worksite and open you up to a variety of career opportunities in the construction industry.
The course may prepare you for the following job:
We offer the RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations qualification through instructor led presentation in the classroom or via distance learning. We can offer this qualification based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and onsite assessment this involves assessing detailed evidence of experience, skills and knowledge against competency standards.
The RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations involves the successful completion of nineteen (19) units of competency consisting of fourteen (14) core units and five (5) elective units.
- RIIBEF201D Plan and organise work
- RIICCM201D Carry out measurements and calculations
- RIICCM202D Identify, locate and protect underground services
- RIICCM203D Read and interpret plans and specifications
- RIICCM205E Carry out manual excavation
- RIICCM206D Support plant operations
- RIICCM207D Spread and compact materials manually
- RIICCM208D Carry out basic levelling
- RIICOM201D Communication in the workplace
- RIIOHS201D Work safely and follow OHS policies and procedures
- RIISAM201D Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of non-toxic materials
- RIISAM203D Use hand and power tools
- RIISAM204D Operate small plant and equipment
- RIIWMG203D Drain and dewater civil construction site
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with a stop-slow bat
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIMPO318E Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- RIIMPO320E Conduct civil constructions excavator operations
- RIIWHS204D Working Safely at Heights
If you are a new student with no experience in plant operation and or civil construction work you can expect to spend 1170 or so hours completing this certificate.
Twelve (12) months is allocated for completion of this course.
Assessment for the RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations is against the competency standards within the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package (RII).
Participants are required to undertake a number of theory and onsite assessment activities, including but not limited to: written questions, reports assignments/projects, multiple choice, third party assessment, first aid, demonstration and observation
Most course participants can expect to spend between five and ten hours per week, at a minimum, outside of course delivery time, reading and completing their assessment tasks.
Where to next?
Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision