Install Trench Support (RIICCM210D)
This nationally accredited unit of competency provides practical training on trench shoring and safety.
During the course, participants will be required to excavate and install primary ground support systems and physically demonstrate competency within a simulated/controlled trench environment using relevant equipment.
The course will prepare you to:
- Understand Legislation and Code of Practice ‘Safety Precautions in Trenching Operations’
- Concepts of trench safety:
- Ground Support Systems
- Trench Shields
- Soldier Sets
- Closed Sheeting
- Trench Hazards
- Roles and responsibilities
- Notification and record keeping
- Develop and use of safe working procedures
- Confined space entry requirements
- Identify Plant safety and safety equipment
- Identify Rescue procedures and equipment
- Rescue procedures and equipment
It is advisable that course participants have at least a basic level of literacy, numeracy and communication skills as well as a reasonable level of fitness and a desire to work outdoors.
This course involves a one day class with our highly experienced training team. It will include presentations, group work and practical activities.
Group discounts are available enquire now.