RIIWHS205D Control traffic with Stop Slow Bat is a nationally accredited VET course and persons who have completed this course should conduct refresher training every 3 years to keep their knowledge current.
Vic Roads requires all field staff with identified roles and responsibilities for being a traffic controller to have completed the RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with Stop Slow Bat.
This course provides participants with the relevant knowledge to direct and control traffic with a stop slow bat in accordance with relevant Work Health and Safety Regulations and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
• The roles and responsibilities of site traffic management
• Legislation relevant to the management of traffic
• Positioning of signage and barriers in traffic management scenarios
• Directing and controlling pedestrian and vehicular traffic on worksites and public roads
• Communication in the workplace using hand signals to drivers and pedestrians
• Communication using hand-held communication devices
• Removing or covering signs after completion of work
Vic Roads requires all field staff with identified roles and responsibilities for being a traffic controller to have completed the RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with Stop Slow Bat. Vic Roads also requires that a refresher course be completed every three (3) years.
Participants must have at least a basic level of literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
For control traffic refresher training you must have the nationally accredited unit RIIWHS205D Control traffic with Stop Slow Bat.
The choices of delivery consist of two options:
- Class delivery time is approximately 6 hours of face to face class time in the virtual classroom.
- The online option can be completed in a self paced environment using our e-learning platform.
For participants undertaking the refresher course for RIIWHS205D Control traffic with Stop Slow Bat you will receive an updated wallet card.
For participants undertaking awareness training you will receive a certificate of attendance.
Class assessment for virtual classroom
packaged assessment for online self paced learning
if you are looking to complete RIIWHS205D Control traffic with Stop Slow Bat, we offer RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plan in a combined course.
For pricing and more information visit our combined traffic course page or call us at our office.
Telephone contact: (03) 9484 0086