Health and Safety Representative Initial OHS Training Course (5 Days)
The course is designed to enable HSR’s to develop their skills to represent the Designated Work Group (DWG) and exercise their powers to make their workplace safer under the OHS ACT.
The OHS Act 2004 provides the entitlement for a HSR to attend an initial course with pay at the employers expense . A course must be chosen by the HSR in consultation with the employer.
Systec are leaders in OHS compliance working in the industry for over 25 years. Our courses provide relevant information, ongoing support, and efficient delivery.
Our professional trainers have experience in and out of the classroom providing the best experience for our students and empowering them to create safer workplaces.
- Interpreting the OHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Representing designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder(s)
- Issuing Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing cessation of work
Who Should Attend
Health & Safety Representatives and Deputy Health and Safety Representatives.
Although HSRs are the primary audience, managers, supervisors, health and safety committee members and anyone else with an interest in health and safety may also benefit from attending this course.
If OHS training has not been undertaken in over 2 years, this course may be a good opportunity to update your OHS skills. (note: HSRs have only one entitlement for initial training however the absence of an entitlement does not prevent an employer who recognises the benefits of HSRs receiving training from allowing them to attend additional courses).
After completing the HSR Initial HSRs and deputy HSRs can do a one-day refresher once every year. View our refresher course here.
Group discounts are available enquire now.