Dangerous Goods management
This course provides a background for personnel in the storing and handling of dangerous goods. The course explains the physical properties and effects of dangerous goods and hazard communication requirements.
Duration: one day to three days
- Chemical properties — exposure standards
- Health effects of substances
- Physical properties of chemicals and/or substances
- Labeling and interpretation
- Interpreting Safety Data Sheets
- Risk assessment
- Storage and segregation
- Risk management
- Safe work procedures
- Includes storage procedures, spill protection, segregation and placarding, ignition sources, emergency response, ventilation, global harmonized sytems (GHS) etc.
Telephone contact: (03) 9484 0086